I advise insolvency practitioners, secured creditors, unsecured creditors and debtors on contentious and non-contentious matters relating to receiverships, liquidations, administrations and compromises.
I have worked as an insolvency practitioner prior to entering private practice as a lawyer. That experience has provided me the background to understand the financial and emotional pressures on the parties; the directors of cash-strapped businesses, and the flow-on effect that has on their lenders and suppliers. I am able to provide sound, reliable and speedy advice in situations where stress levels are running high.
I specialize in advising on the terms of practitioners' appointments, indemnities, liabilities of directors, security priority issues and the sale of assets and businesses.
My insolvency litigation experience has included:
- Validity of appointment opinions;
- Court approval of liquidators remuneration;
- Voidable charges and transactions;
- Applications for directions by receivers and liquidators;
- Advising on priorities of securities interests;
- Setting aside related party transactions;
- Actions against directors for reckless trading;
- Setting aside Court ordered liquidations;
- Advising on protecting, or busting trusts, after events of insolvency.