Commentary on the little known-about case of ANZ v FMA heard late last year, regarding the extent of the FMA's ability to distribute information it gathers as part of an investigation.Read More
Merran provides a list of seven lessons from the Federal Court of Australia about the meaning of 'acting in the best interest of the client'.Read More
A review of the change in the law regarding whistle-blowing by financial advisers (and nominated representatives) under the Financial Services Legislation Amendment Bill. Call Merran for advice on other reform under the Bill that may effect your business.Read More
New Zealand Reserve Bank Releases May 2017 Financial Stability Report
1. The New Zealand Reserve Bank (RB) has released the May 2017 Financial Stability Report.
2. Key findings in the Report include:
- New Zealand’s financial system remains sound and the risks facing the system have reduced in the past six months;
New Zealand Financial Markets Authority Consults On Methodology Notice and Draft Guidance To Help KiwiSaver Scheme Providers Calculate The Total Fees Charged To Each Investor
1. The New Zealand Financial Markets Authority (FMA) has issued the following documents for consultation:
- Financial Markets Conduct (KiwiSaver Confirmation Information) Methodology Notice 2017 (Notice);
- Draft Guidance Note Fee disclosure by managed funds (Guidance Note).